Anyone know where I can find that article about the children's clothing law?

That no re-selling law that's supposed to happen in february

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-thrift2-2009jan02,0,2083247.story

Here is one of many articles that are on the internet. Hope it's what your looking for.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Try cpsc.gov
    Under the new law, children’s products with more than 600 ppm total lead cannot lawfully be sold in the United States on or after February 10, 2009, even if they were manufactured before that date. The total lead limit drops to 300 ppm on August 14, 2009.

The new law requires that domestic manufacturers and importers certify that children’s products made after February 10 meet all the new safety standards and the lead ban. Sellers of used children’s products, such as thrift stores and consignment stores, are not required to certify that those products meet the new lead limits, phthalates standard or new toy standards.

Answer by gemgem at 2:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• CPSC says new law will not affect resale shops. www.cpsc.gov. I know that not what your looking for but it the latest I've heard.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 2:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I really wish people would stop posting that article from the LA times. The actual law says nothing about clothing from what I read. Also, the government announced it wouldn't affect resale shops.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• try cpsc.gov. They sent me an email about the press release.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009