Baking chicken and rice??

I've never baked it with rice before so I was wondering, do I bake cooked rice or do I just put the uncooked rice and chicken in the oven? It's not instant rice so would I still have to put more water than I need to bake the chicken?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I looked up the actual recipe. It is very good, even my uncle likes it.
    Chicken Supreme

4 chicken breasts
    1 small box Minute rice
    1 can cream of celery soup
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    generous sprinkle dried onion soup
    1 1/4 can water

put rice in bottom of casserole, pour heated celery soup and 1 ½ cup water over. Place chicken on top and sprinkle with onion soup. Heat mushroom soup and remaining water and pour over. Cover with 2 thicknesses of foil and bake 350° 2 hours.

Can make early and refrigerate.

Answer by Bmat at 2:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Also.. does the rice taste better if it was cooked separately or chicken flavored? My hubby doesn't seem to like "soupy" rice
    Anonymous

• Yes put in more water- put in the amount called for in the rice recipe in addition to any that the chicken needs. Put the rice in the pan, then the water, then the chicken. Cover the pan with two layers of foil to keep every bit of water in. Bake about an hour or two, depending on the chicken. When you open the foil, be extremely careful of the steam that will come out.

Answer by Bmat at 2:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• you put butter on the bottom of the cooking sheet, then you add the rice, water and seasoning. then you put the chicken on top of it, bake on 350 for an hour.
    Thats what I am making right now...and last night lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• you can half cook the rice and then place the chicken on top and put it in the oven id add chicken broth to the mix and watch it if it looks dry add a bit more rice..
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Bmat how much liquid do you put? Also, I have onion soup mix but do I put it in to bake or do you mean after it's done?
    Anonymous

• LOL wow thanks!
    Anonymous

• I wanted to add that I have made the above recipe with regular rice and add more water. I also check half way through and add more water if needed.

Answer by Bmat at 2:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I don't have Minute rice.. so how much water do you usually put? I'm also just going to use two cans of condensed cream of chicken.
    Anonymous

• Put in whatever the regular rice calls for. I usually put in maybe two cups water per cup of rice. But to make sure that is enough I check part of the way through. Also, I use a whole envelope of the onion soup. If you don't have that try putting in some chopped onion for flavoring and a bit of chicken seasoning or seasoned salt. Hey! We'll be making our own recipe soon. :)

Answer by Bmat at 3:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009