I already plan to rejoin the Army as an Officer on a Direct Commission when I graduate...so I've decided that I might as well do ROTC.
My only issue is that I already have a full schedule (12-13 units) planned out for the next 5 semesters. I'm majoring in Dietetics which is a BS so the classes aren't extremely difficult but they aren't easy As either.
Would adding a 3 unit MIS class to each semester be overkill?
I currently only have a 60% GI Bill (because I only spent 15 months on AD) so if I joined ROTC I'd get the other 40% of my tuition paid for (that my enlisted GI Bill doesn't cover) and an extra $350-500 a month added to my already 60% GI bill payment of $760 a month. I've already been coming up with the other 40% of my tuition on my own, but some of it has been through student loans. I could easily pay back my student loans once I'm a 2LT on AD, but the less student loans I graduate with the more of my salary will go into my pocket, so that is why I am considering a ROTC scholarship, because as I already stated I plan to rejoin anyway...but I don't wanna push myself over the edge with those 3 extra MIS units that I would have to add to each semester.
Did you or your DH find that the MIS classes are difficult or are they still manageable to add an already full schedule and still maintain at least a 3.0?
Sorry this is so long, but thanks for any advice
Answer by Dardenella at 11:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2011
Next question overall
Who participated in Black Friday? Did you get a good deal? Was it really...
Featured Posts in All Groups