Are Protestants baptized?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, some baptize babies and some wait until the person is older and choses for him or herself.

Answer by Bmat at 2:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• yes--but the time of their baptism really depends on the church that they go too--some baptize as babies--and some baptized as adults when you finally accept christ in your life
    Anonymous

• Yes. For most not a birth but after salvation.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• yes, but we wait till we can make the decision to follow God for ourselves. Then once we say "i will follow christ, i want to show everyone else this... " then you are baptised. that is how my church has done it.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 3:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• well i'm not a protestant anymore... but my mother and father had me baptized.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Protestants are baptized. Most Protestant denominations do infant baptisms - Lutherans, Presbyterians, Methodists, Episcopalians, Anglicans. (Catholics and Orthodox do as well.) It's mainily Baptists and Pentecostal that do not baptize infants (Also Amish, Latter-Day Saints, Jehovah's Witnesses don't)
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I was Christened as a baby in the Church of England.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i got baptized at 11 of my own choice. i was in the church of Christ at the time...its sorta non-denominational i guess.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• uh - yeah. Did someone tell you that we dont get baptized?
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2009