How long should I wait to have another baby after this one?

This is our third child, all c-sections... we are planning for one more even though some doctors only recommend 3 c-sections. My c-sections were all 14 months apart.... SO, how long should I wai to make sure I'm healed to get pregnant this time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• By the way, we had one stillborn and we still want 3 kids to raise, 4 c-sections total. So don't tell me I will have too many kids!
    Anonymous

• My doctor told me that I'm allowed 5 c-sections. I'm only have 2 children. My doctor says at least 6 months is the earliest before you should get pregnant again.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• having*
    GreekMama28

• I'll be the last to ever tell you how many kids to have. Have a hundred if your body and your finances can handle it. I'd have to say ask your doctor about getting pregnant again tho. Trying to close together may not be reccomended and the last thing I'd want is for you to have to go thru the pain of losing another child.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Think it is awesome to want more - we want at least one more after this one too...even though it is only our first. If we were able to get pg easily...we would have a house full by now, but... My fertility dr told us we really needed to wait 1 full year before ttc again for my body to be ready...but that might have something to do with ivf and such. Best wishes!
    Anonymous

• I think your body needs at least a year to recouperate from a normal delivery. I think that you are putting too much stress on your body in such a short period of time! What is the rush? I have 4 kids, and would NEVER tell someone a particular number of children is too many. I would. however, caution you to take really good care of yourself and your body, you only have one! Take a little time out, this time. You will probably enjoy everyone and everything better. Good luck to you. Being a mommy is the best thing in the world. Don't rush it, and don't risk your future, either.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 3:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Hey if you want 20 kids I think thats your business. I have 5 and hate when people try and say anything. As if they pay for them or something right? But back to your body. I would wait 2 yrs just to be sure. I always tried to wait that long between kids and mine were vaginal.

Answer by gemgem at 3:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009