my sick baby

my 4 month old daughter has had a cold for about 4 days. she has a really bad stuffy nose, coughing, sneezing, and now she is wheezing. she can't eat much because she can't breathe and chokes. she wont sleep any where but her swing because she cant breathe when she lays down. the dr said there is nothing i can do. i have a feeling she is wrong. can any one help me? i hate watching my daughter suffer like this.

Asked by JerzisMommy at 3:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well if you haven't given her cold medicine such a s dimeatapp then you should do so. I know that they don't give the amount on the bottle for babies so young, but you can absolutely do so. My mom is an rn, and i use to have to do the same, with tylenol as well. it should be .4 ml if you have a dropper. also, you can buy saline over the counter, and do nose sucktions with saline. just a tiny bit, and barely squirt it up her you don't make her cough more, if she does IT"S OKAY! hope this helps

Answer by mojomom2006 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter was the same way. My daughter also has asthma. So when she was wheezing i would give her the inhaler. If she is congested you can suction her nose out. So the doctor was wrong in a way

Answer by amirasmommy805 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You know my daughter did the same thing and they told me to go to the emergency room and when we got there, they did a breathing treatment and a inhaler to bring her home on. After they did that we went to the doctor's the next day the wheezing went away and then he cough finally went away after a couple more days.
    She was sick for about 4 days when I took her in.

Answer by Babyduche at 3:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008