I am totally clueless on potty training!

I want to start my 19 month old daughter potty training! IS it too soon? If not what do I do!!! HELP

AmberleesMoMMy

Asked by AmberleesMoMMy at 11:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• WAIT FOR 24 MO.
    ONLYBYGODSGRACE

Answer by ONLYBYGODSGRACE at 4:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Usually little ones don't get the hang of potty training till around the age of 2 due to them not being able to feel the urge to go. Age 2 is usually the best age to start. First buy a potty, then stop the diapers and go to Pull-Ups and get a Potty Chart with stickers as a reward. There are also videos on potty training for you and the little one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Start by getting a good potty training book. I like "The No-Cry Potty Training Solution".
    It has a "readiness signs" list and a good quiz to help you figure out if it's too early or not - because it's not really related to her age, just if she's ready or not.
    Once she is ready, it has some good ideas on what to do from there.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Potty Training In 3 Days
    ThePottyTrainer.com      Potty Training Secrets That Work Say Good Bye To Diapers Forever
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Potty Training Girls - Tips for Toilet Training Baby Girls
    For all those who are clueless about potty training their little girls, this article is just perfect. Check out the tips given here for toilet training ...
    lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/potty-training-girls-877.html -
    vbruno

• My personal opinion is to skip the potty chair and use the little rings that sit on the toilet. That makes the transition to the toilet much easier. Plus if you are out in public and don't have a potty chair and your child won't go on the toilet you could end up with a puddle!!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:24 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Thanks everyone for your answers!!! I check out that website "vbruno" THANKS!!! It was pretty interesting.. It seems like you are popping up EVERYWHERE on cafemom.. LOL...
    AmberleesMoMMy

Answer by AmberleesMoMMy at 12:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2008