Just feeling very weird??can someone help

So I am freaking out emotionally right now. im 38 weeks and feeling very clastaphobic about my body. I am having a lot of anxiety and feel like i just need to get this baby out. I feel trapped, its a very hard thing to describe but i am literally willing to do anything to get this baby out now. Emotionally I am literally going insane. I feel so helpless. I have read all inducing techniques nothing worked. Please dont say "baby will come when ready" cause i know that. Im just hating how i feel right now and need some help.

babybump3166

Asked by babybump3166 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try doing something to take your mind off the fact that your pregnant. Date nite? Girls nite? Movies and ice cream?? Also, Ive heard therez a nerve on ur ankles that when massaged inducing contractions in women as far along as you are. Movies and a massage and icecream??
    Anonymous

• I am sorry that you are feeling like this. Could you try doing some major pampering? Go out for lunch with the girls or a nice dinner? A movie? A shopping trip? Have a meal delivered- something really special? Have a maid come in and clean your home? Go to a bed and breakfast for a weekend. Yeah, pampering, that may well do it. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 3:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Woah! Take a deep breath and call you DH or someone who can be with you right now! Drink a glass of water and take a nap.Your not alone in feeling this way. I felt this way too towards the end of my pregnancy I just wanted my body back and I was very scared that I wasn't prepared mentally or physically. TRUST ME YOU ARE THAT IS THE WAY GOD CREATED US. My gut tells me you will be having this baby very soon! Figure out what is freaking you out too. Pin point it, focus on it and then accept it.
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Hey whoa there mama...First take a great big deep breath and let it out slowly...repeat this until the desire to shove a ball point pen thru your temple subsides. I totally understand the get this out of me now emotions and I would say (from talking to doctors and midwives that they are normal)
    Do you enjoy driving? A nice long drive by myself with the tunes cranked up and the windows down always seemed to help with the I'm trapped feeling. Something about movement was always very comforting. If you are going to try the induction techniques becuase you feel you have to, then remain steadfast. Hot showers and lots of nipple stimualtion worked for me. And hang in there! Feel free to PM if you need an ear to scream into or someone that won't care if you cry...I'm around.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I felt the same way when I was pregnant. I soothed myself by going into fits of rage and throwing scented candles at inanimate objects. It worked on a temporary basis.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 3:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009