vicodin

is vicodin safe while over 30 weeks pregnant? the ob doctor gave them to me for my gall bladder so they wouldnt give me anything that could hurt the baby right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The dr will not give you anything that will hurt the baby. I had a friend who had gallbladder surgery while pregnant. She had vicotin. Her baby is 2 and fine.

Answer by gemgem at 3:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• thats good to hear. my mom was just freaking me out on the way home saying it could cause problems.
    Anonymous

• My friend had the same thing and they Rx vicodin.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• no i took it with my boy. its ok to take. it has tyenol in most of what docs perscribe.
    Kristina.C

Answer by Kristina.C at 3:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If your OB prescribed the pills, then it is OK to take them. Follow the directions carefully, and stop taking them as soon as you no longer need them.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 3:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yea, I had to take Vicodin too because I needed a root canal (horrible timing) -- its a narcotic laced with Tylenol. Keep in mind that Tylenol, even though safe, needs to be limited in dose so don't take Tylenol AND your vicodin. It IS possible to poison yourself with Tylenol. Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have awful migranes and I was prescribed vicodin at 18 weeks because it is the only thing that will take the pain away. The doctors told me it is okay as long as you are out of your first trimester because that is when most of the development is taking place. They told me just to limit how many I took in a week & not to go overboard.
    KrystalKay08

Answer by KrystalKay08 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2009