tooth infection?

can that go threw my breastmilk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Health

• I doubt it but call your doc.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• This is part of an article I found online:
    "No, you can't pass your infection to your baby by nursing. (IF that were true, wouldn't you have already done so before you saw the doctor!?) It is *VERY* rare for mom to ever need to stop breastfeeding due to an illness. If a mother had a breast infection (mastitis) stopping breastfeeding would be the WORST thing she could do. There is no reason to stop nursing for a tooth infection."
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070530233122AAlUpH5

Answer by Bmat at 3:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I had an abcessed tooth when my oldest was a baby, being nursed. The only pain medication i could take was Tylenol 3. i don't know about today. There may be something else you can take for the pain, but everything does go through your breastmilk.
    haroldswife

Answer by haroldswife at 3:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2009