at what age did you switch nipple to following level. now we are using level 1 tops of dr.brown bottles, and we are 3 months old when do we switch to level 2?do we need new pacifiers for 3 months old?

thecat3

Asked by thecat3 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i change nipples when they can sit up and as for as pacifiers go i think they should be changed around 6 months which is right around the time that you will change the bottle nipples so it kinda works out hope this helps , I have a 3 month old as well as a 3 year old
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 3:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I changed the bottle nipples when they were struggling to feed. A normal 15 minute feeding started taking longer and longer....they became more gassy and fussy.

Switched to the next nipple, sat them up more during a feeding until they were used to it, and that was it. No idea what age because those are guidelines....you have to judge by your baby.

Pacifiers...if they are having a difficult time keeping it in the mouth, go up a size...if they gag on the bigger size, they're not ready yet. Again, guidelines, not "have to".
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We never did. My daughter still takes a bottle of water at bedtime (she's 29 months) and it's still the same level 1 nipple from when she was tiny.

Do you need to switch? No.
    Should you switch? If she is collapsing the nipple because she is sucking so hard, trying to get more fluid out of the nipple faster than it was designed for, switch.

Do you need new binkies? No. If she's happy with what she has, let her keep them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I changed my bottle nipples once it started taking dd a long time to eat. The slow flow just wasn't working any more. It just depends on what your child needs. For pacifiers, my dd took the newborms ones and the 6+ month. Once they are older the bigger size fits the mouth better, but I guarantee baby doesn't care :)
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We may try to switch nipples once my son is sitting up, it depends on whether or not it seems necessary at the time. As for pacifiers, he's still using some of the 0-3 month ones, even though he's 4 1/2 months and very big. He's not a big pacifier fan, but I'm going to see if a larger size appeals to him more, as those newborn ones are so tiny!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009