Anyone (or their hubby) know anything about dryers?

My electric dryer has started making like, a whooshing, windy sound from the back (seems like). I've tried googling and looking around, but I can't seem to find what it is...

Seems like it could be a clogged blower wheel - does that sound right?
If it is, is the blower wheel on the back of the dryer?
If so, I can't get to it to clean it out right now, I'll have to wait until hubby gets home...would it be dangerous if I continue to run it anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Our dryer made a whooshy sound for a few weeks before the belt broke. We discovered that the belt had been rubbing (the whooshy sound) then it stopped turning.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't run it if i thought something was wrong with it. It isn't worth losing your house over. Mine is acting up to. I think my element is out in mine. but I too, am waiting for hubby to get home. LOL. Wouldn't ya know, the one time I was actually tring to stay caught up wtih the laundry.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I don't know... but my washer's broke.

Wanna arrange a trade?? lol
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yeah, I have it off for now, until I can figure it out...but I'm getting antsy because I've got one set of sheets in the dryer, and one in the wash right now - if I don't get them done today, we won't have sheets to sleep on tonight, lol!
    Anonymous

• Is the hose connected on the back-stupid question possibly....but I would check that first but then after that I wouldnt know unless I was there :)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• When my dryer isn't working right, or making a funny sound I go outside to the vent, pull it off and clean it out. As for the element I got the model # off my dryer and looked it up online, went and bought it, put it in and it's worked great eversince...I can't rely on hubby, he's usually about a thousand miles away when something breaks so I have learned to fix things on my own or he gives me suggestions over the phone and says "there's nothing I can do about it baby, so you have to, just relax figure it out and then fix it"
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 9:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2009