What kind of food should I serve at my baby shower?

I am throwing my own baby shower 2/7/09. I was thinking about serving little turkey, and ham sandwiches, cheese chunks, sweet, and dill pickles, chips and dip, cake and soda, and have mustard and mayo for the sandwiches. Can you please tell me what you think or give me some better suggestions. I don't want anything to difficult to make or to expensive. Thank you.

Keasha270

Asked by Keasha270 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sounds good. I am having my dds babyshower at the end on Feb and we are ordering subs from subway, chips, and picking up a tray of buffalo chicken sandwiches, pickles, tea, 7-up, fruit punch, cookies and cake.

Answer by gemgem at 3:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i think your selection of food is good for a shower... maybe some fresh fruit as well? 2/7 is my birthday.. hope you have a nice shower :)
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 3:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i made club sandwiches, potato salad and got a huge fruit platter as well as cake and punch. try ans stick with finger foods and stuff that is not messy since everyone will be holding there plates in there laps and you dont want to have to clean up more of a mess
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 3:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 3:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• http://babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/07/23-End/edible%20baby.jpg
    sgr123

Answer by sgr123 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• lol-you could have a "baby-sized" menu.....baby carrots, little finger sandwhiches, baby corn, etc....
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2009