Is there financial assistance to help people with adoptions?

Is there any type of financial assistance for parents who would like to adopt a child?

cajunmom79

Asked by cajunmom79 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Adoption

• Christian Financial Help
    www.ChristianDebtConsolidators.net      Non Profit Christian Debt Help. Cut Payments Up to 50%. 1-866-958-3328
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:24 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• adoption help
    www.AdoptionNetwork.com      Free Adoption assistance Contact a caring counselor today
    vbruno

• Available Resources To Help Defray The Cost of Adoption
    financial assistance page and all the people who visit and contact us, .... who qualify for financial assistance, with their adoption and to help children ...
    www.angelfire.com/journal/adoptionhelp/adopthelp.html -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Search the Grantee Directory
    We are a licensed adoption agency and can assist birthparents in making an adoption plan. Some financial assistance is available. Serving people of all ...
    www.health.state.mn.us/divs/cfh/paa/search.cfm?searchtext=financial%20assistance -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Adoption Financial Aid
    We provide financial assistance for parents who believe that God is calling them to grow their families through adoption and need help with the “cash flow ...
    www.cwa.org/aid-adoption.htm -
    vbruno

• Look on your states website and do a search of adoption help. I know that a lot of states give help. Indiana I know helps a lot of the adoptive parents. Up to 1500 in lawyer fee's is paid, some people get money on a monthly basis sort of like the per diem for foster children. It depends a lot on how old, how many and what race the children are. I can probably get you more information if you want me to. You can get ahold of me through here or you can pop me off an email at shadows_2000_21@hotmail.com if you like.

Hope this helped!!!
    joelochi3

Answer by joelochi3 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Adopting through foster care is low cost (ours cost $16.50) so you can always check with your state about available children.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 10:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• well the governament gives you a tax deduction but if you adopt from foster care ours was free. the state paid for it.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 12:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I'm sorry, but as a mom who is putting her child up for adoption, I firmly believe that if you have to ask to receive financial help, you should work on stabilizing yourself before adopting a child. Children are expensive... I'm not trying to down your effort on adopting, but that was one of the main factors I had in choosing the adoptive family for my baby. Not that they be rich out of this world, but stable enough for themselves to raise a child.
    Anonymous

• I disagree with anonymous. I am an adoptive parent of twins. I didn't have $25,000-$50,000 laying around to be able to fulfill my dream of parenthood. My husband and I provide for them very well, they have everything they need and want. Most parents are lucky enough to have children naturally and it doesn't cost them up to $50,000 just to GET a child, which comes before you even start to pay for all their needs. Just because you can't afford the PROCESS of adoption on your own, doesn't mean you can't properly address their material and emotional needs. My adopted kids have a house to live in that we own, their own rooms, clothes, toys, a dog and most importantly love. Even though we couldn't afford the adoption process, I think we are doing very well for them.
    romeece

Answer by romeece at 11:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2008