What do you tell your 2yr daughter to call her female private part.

I'm stuck on what to have my daughter called her private area. She calls her butt, Tushy or butt, but the other thing I don't know?? Should I use vagina, hoo-hoo etc.. Please Help me!!

babyelise

Asked by babyelise at 12:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use "pee-pee"... I've taught my DD that she goes pee-pee with her pee-pee and poo-poo with her bottom.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i dont know eather my sons grandma took it upon herself to teech my son that girls have vaginas and boys have a pinus. how bad is that
    lovelyme1006

Answer by lovelyme1006 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• me and my sister always called it our "cookie" dont know why... but i think its cute lol
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 12:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• we call it a hoo-hoo, for some reason. also we say bottom, butt, ect. but the front is a hoo-hoo. i personally dont want a two year old saying the work vagina- ya know??
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 12:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• With my DS he knows that it's is penis and DD know it's her vagina. (My kids are 6 and 7). We have always used those terms with them.

Mainly because of my work in childcare BEFORE the kids were born. It's easier for "officials" to determine if your child (heaven forbid) has been abused if they use those terms.

Often parents come up with the oddest names and it makes it harder to know what the child is talking about, because you can't lead them on or suggest to them to point to certain areas etc.

So for my children safety, we have taught them to use the word penis and vagina because then there is NO question what they are talking about.

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i told her that girls have vaginas and boys have penises, she got all interested in teh differences after i had ds. anyways, shell call penises peanutbutters, lol.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• well my daughter just got potty trained and i had the same problem with telling her what to wipe. I finally just settled on telling her to wipe her girl part. That way she knows already that there is something that makes a boy different than a girl
    FairyMom05

Answer by FairyMom05 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• wee wee?
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I told my daughter it was her "front butt" because it looks like her back butt. But I have her a lot of words for private parts, and when we need to go pee my girls call it "ti ti". I guess I am just weird. :)
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 1:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would use the proper terms.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 1:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2008