any advice?

I pulled my neck.. and am having difficultly moving it.. and it's only getting worse... tried a hot bath, heating pad, icy hot, asprin... anyone got any other suggestions to getting rid of, or dulling, the pain...?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 4:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How long ago did you do it? The first 48 hours are supposed to be ice- for not more than 20 minutes a time. After that, heat. Did you try ice? That might help with the pain. Supposing the injury is more than two days and you have tried all of these treatments, I'd say go to the doctor or urgent care clinic and they may give you somehing stronger. A brace is probably not a good idea- I hurt my neck when another car ran into mine, and the doctor wouldn't let me wear a neck brace, she said that yes it feels good, but the neck muscles quickly weaken, which makes the problem worse. Then I had to get physical therapy, which may well be your best solution. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Chiropractor? You've seen to have tried everything else! Good luck
    Anonymous

• Ugh I HATE Icey Hot... I'd say try Tiger Balm or Olbas oil for a much less chemical effect... Can you spring for a chair massage or a visit to the chiropractor? If not keep doing what you've been doing and hopefully it will pass...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• lol, yeah I know about the neck braces, uncle told me about those... it's just been since this morning... haven't tried ice yet.. because i'm still trying to find something to put it in so they don't fall out... (don't want one year old to choke on one) ... but yeah... when I find something that'll be my next step.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Chiropractor.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Take a trip to the chiropractor. Honestly! I've done this many times, and if it hasn't gone away by now you probably have a pinched nerve that needs to be put back in place.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 4:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Ibuprofin (sp?)
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I just meant a short term solution... if it's not better by tomorrow, I'll call a doctor, but it's way past calling hours... I did try an ibuprofin... I have some 800 mg for my knee... no luck :(.. nor with the ice.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009