Are you ever amazed at how your kids behave for other people?

When I pick my kids up from daycare, they always start yelling and jumping around. The daycare teacher told me that's the loudest my 4 year old gets all day... she's always so quiet. I almost said "Are you sure you're talking about MY child?" When I pick them up is about the QUIETEST she is for the rest of the day. LOL

It's funny because I remember my mom saying something very similar about me... people commenting on how quiet I was, but I was always loud at home.

Silvertears1275

Asked by Silvertears1275 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I teach Preschool and my son is in the building in another class. he and all of my students do act different for the teacher then the parents. They just have different relatenship with people and how they react so how comfrontable they are. they more of the difinalt (spell) side of them you see the more comfranotable the are with you. they are willing to try and "battle" with you.
    cindie925

Answer by cindie925 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• my son who is now 7 was and well still is the same way always better for someone else lol. I actually did ask his preschool teacher once if she had my kid mixed up with another child lol becuz she told me he was quite and very well behaved. I thought to myself MY KID? lol yeah right.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Trevor always seems to eat ANYTHING, I mean anything someone gives him and eats fast, at home, it is I don't want that, but.... I will not make anything else and then it is a hassle to get him to eat! Everyone else always has an easier time for bed and naps too! O well, part of momma hood!
    traceym1226

Answer by traceym1226 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have a good friend who is great with kids, used to run a day care in her home. My boys will always listen to her! Whatever she says to them, they listen, my oldest is very polite to her, never talks back, just perfect angels! I thought maybe it was just that she had some magic spell that I didn't know about! lol
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 9:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• OMG!!! Are you talking about MY 3 year old!!! My daughter is the same way...i can always tell the change in her like when i sneak in before she sees me she will be playing quietly drawing or with her toys and when she notices me it is sooo TOTALLY different!! Never listens to ANYTHING i say!!! Makes me nuts!!!
    Sunshine38585

Answer by Sunshine38585 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My girls are aged 10 and 7. My father gets them off the school bus each day and keeps them until I get home. My father, their teachers, friends mother's,etc. all say that they are wonderful, well behaved girls. As soon as I come home, they start fussing wiith each other. It's a mom thing, but why? I would love to know the answer!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2009