Daughter knows when she has to go and when she is done...but wont go in the potty...???

My DD is 14 months, she knows when she has to go...she will come to me and say mommy pee or mommy poop. And I put her on the potty, she gets up right away and says "I dont like it". She runs off and when I get to her she has already pooped on the floor. I dont know how to get her to go on the potty! She is VERY smart and knows when she has to go, but wont do it on the potty!
BTW...she was potty trained at 11 months but she had to go back to daycare and they cant potty train so she stopped going then...

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 4:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You also have to look at the daycare and take a look at the way to make them go potty... If she is getting to much pressure that she doesn't like going when you take her it could only mean that somehting is wrong at the daycare. Just don't push her and be patient with her. Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

• If your child is afraid you should make it fun like have some books or magazines while being in the potty. What I did with mine, is every time I needed to use the restroom i would bring my daughter until she felt confident to go alone. Sometimes having toys or night lamps help out too. My daughter would do the same thing.
    BarBieDoLL25

Answer by BarBieDoLL25 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my baby is the same age & started at 11mos too. she's just happy to do what she's always seen me do. i got her one of those soft toilet seat covers. we play patty cake, sing, read, etc. just anything to distract her long enough for it to all come out then PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009