Spicy foods...

I am 27 weeks pregnant and the other day I was reading my '"What To Expect'' and it said at this point my baby can taste foods that I eat through the amniotic fluid. I have been craving SPICY foods. Is is ok to eat hot stuff or should I fight the urge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• eat what you want :)

actually eating different/spicier foods while pregnant will help your child when it comes time for solids and eating on their own (as does breastfeeding because flavors get in the milk too) You kids will be much less picky eaters! my 18 month old like jalapeño poppers :)
    Anonymous

• hey if you dont get heart burn eat what you want its not going to hurt your baby by any means. you might wana be carefull after baby gets here if you are breastfeeding as spicy food could give your baby gas but you will be able to tell.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Nope, it's ok...baby may just react to it (my little guy went nuts over ice cream, lol!). There is some belief that certain things you eat a lot of while baby is on the inside can be more difficult for them to process on the outside, for some reason...but then other studies will tell you that eating a large variety of things will help your baby be more open to eating a variety of foods. Just goes to show you that you can find a study to prove anything, I guess!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I honestly do not think that spicy food will do harm for your baby. Most women tend to have all kinds of cravings and it is normal. I think that you should eat what you like!
    BarBieDoLL25

Answer by BarBieDoLL25 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2009