I pulled a hard black thing out of my head...what could it be?

I scratched my head yesterday, and felt a REALLY hard bump. I tried to scratch it off thinking it was a pimple, it wouldnt "pop". so I called my step mom to have her look, and she said its a black head with a white hair attached, she tried to squeeze it and it wouldnt come out, she got her tweezers and pulled it out. It was a think white string with a HUGE black ball type thing attached, she thought it was a tick, but we looked it up and it wasnt, so I am wondering what it is? Ever since then I have been getting terrible head pain from where she pulled it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Health

• possibly an infected hair follicle.
    possibly a healed up scab if you've been itching your scalp lately.
    Anonymous

• Alien Chip ;)

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 4:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• hmm, it still may have been a tick> sometimes when you pull them out, there bodies break off and half of him may still be in there. Not to scare you. Have her loo,k very carefully at the spot on your head and make sure it definately isn't something left in there. Ticks bury there heads in real deep and can be very difficult to get out. Did it hurt when she pulled out? If so, that might mean she got everthing that it was whick could have been an dried up scalp. If it didn't hurt it could mean something is still in there.
    Anonymous

• alien chip lmao. but yeah i agree with anon 140, it could still be a tick
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• OH IT HURT!!!!! I almost cried...I dont even think giving birth was that painful!!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My first thought was a tick or some type of mole or something lol.
    Anonymous

• alien chip? LOL!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• just part of your brain. LOL
    I agree with mole if it was hard to get off. Did it bleed?
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• could of been from a spider bite...it good of been infected...you should probably call your doc. so you can get it checked out...cuz if it was a spider bite...you would need to get on some antibiotics to get all the infection out....."I had the same thing that happen to me but on my arm."
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• In case there might be infection, maybe you should get to a doctor.

If it were a tick, you'd see the legs sticking out, unless it was long dead and the legs had fallen off, but I've never heard of that. When they are done eating they drop off. and I don't think there would be a hair growing out of it. So I really don't think tick.

Answer by Bmat at 5:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009