How do I get my family together one last time before I move?

I want my WHOLE family to come down for a BBQ or dinner before DD, DH and I move, he is joining the Army and I want to get everyone together one last time before we go. The problem is, his family and my family wont "mingle" and I want it to be a fun experience, they will sit on opposite sides of the room and not talk at all and it is very uncomfortable. I dont want it to be this way...how can I make it fun???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in

• I had this problem too. I talked to my brother about it and he helped me out. He kind of made it his "job" to go around and get conversations going. Once the ice was broken it was alot easier. Do you have someone that would be willing to help you out?
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• you know what, invite them anyway and go from there. Its not about them , its about you and your family. Maybe with this move, they will mingle because both sides of the family will have something in common.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We had a going away party thrown for us. My aunts did it, I was able to invite friends and family. There were little cliques of people that only wanted to talk to certain people but I did not care. I was able to see everyone before we moved away. Good Luck.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009