Tummy squeeze...

I have read that after you deliver that the nurse has to squeeze your belly to get all the yuck out. That kinda freaks me out. Is this true? Does it hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have heard that too! And it freaks me out too!!!
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• they do push on your belly to make sure you dont have any blood clots yes. and unless you have had a epidural it hurts not to scare you but thats the reality.
    Anonymous

• Well not actually squeeze to get anything out they might help you deliver the placenta if it doesnt come out on its own and they'll just push down on your abdomen, then afterwards they will press down and few times (cant remember if more than once ) to make sure your uterus is shrinking back down properly its uncomfortable but not too bad being "checked" for dilation during labor was one of the most painful things
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sometimes they push on it, sometimes it's not necessary. They pushed on mine and I thought it hurt like hell, but my pain medication was also gone by that time. The pain stopped as son as they stopped pushing.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• they pushed on mine, it didnt hurt at all
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Honestly, it hurt like hell. I hated it. Idk if its diff for diff ppl, but I hated it
    Anonymous

• trust me it hurts with the epidural also you feel it
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 7:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2009