Does your mom treat you differently then your siblings??

My mom never calls me...she always watches my sisters kids, never mine. She pays my sis bills when she asks and pays for the complete birthday party of her kids and never offers me if i need any help. It hurts a lot and makes me feel like my kids deserve better even though I can't give that to them. They deserve to have loving, attentive grandparents in their lives

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• have you tried asking them for the help? or have you tried talking to them about it? try that if you havent. sometimes people do things and dont realize that they do them.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 4:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• she used to... then we had a falling out... I got pregnant and didn't tell the entire family... mom found out about my son when he was 9 days old... we get along fantastically now. I think she just didn't see that our relationship sucked. She actually lives with us now.
    Anonymous

• Yes they do luckily my mother is a very big part of my childrens lifes and my husbands mother, they are always buying them sweets and clothes, toys etc. I am the only girl and i have 2 brothers a 28yr old and he has 2 children 5, 4 day old. And another brother 21yrs old and he has no children. My brothers children are treated the same.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 4:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yes they treat me differently. I have the only grandchildren, so there is no one to compare them with. My parents treat my brother with kid gloves because he had a massive brain injury when he was 15 and they feel sorry for him. He uses it as a crutch, to get them to do whatever he wants. I mean come on it really gets old bailing him out of jail every 6 months for drugs. My 22 year old sister has them fooled. She has them pay for her "tuition" even though she isn't actually enrolled in any classes.  They give her money for gas, bills, rent, and buy her groceries every week, with the stipulation that she works.  So she tells them she works, but doesn't.  Then there is the baby who I expect to be treated different since she is only 14.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Do you talk to your parents? Do you call them? Do you go over to their house with your kids? Do you want your parents in your life? The reason I ask, is because I have 2 daughters. 1) that wants to talk to me and be in her life and 1) that doesn't want me in her life and would rather I died.

Answer by louise2 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my mom treats me like im ms. perfect. always telling me how great i am and how im so smart and she can go on and on. Not that i dont like it as much but when i mess up or something i feel really bad and have to go out of my way to fix it i dont really ever mess up because well im expected not to.its really hard though i wish she wouldnt think so highly of me sometimes. i just want to be able to mess up even to the smallest thing and be like ok whatever.
    Anonymous

• My Mom had always babied my brother and sister. My brother is 43 and lives with my Mom. He lived with both of our parents until my Dad passed away last year. My sister is 35 and lived with my parents a few times so she could regain custody of her oldest daughter. My Mom & I have always had a troubled relationship, but that's life! My Mom still coddles and enables my siblings to this day. I have always been the independent one and I am thankful for that.
    BigSkyHarmony

Answer by BigSkyHarmony at 5:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• yeah.....my mom totally hates my guts and the ground i walk on and anything else that has to do with me, but my 2 sisters are like angels to her....all because i look like my dad more than them even though everyone says that me and the youngest could be twins
    AShleyvpimpin

Answer by AShleyvpimpin at 5:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yep. My brother was an only child.

But on the flip side....it was the other way around with Daddy! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My parents treat me different, cause I'm the only one out of the 3 adult kids that didnt screw there life up. So I can call day or night and ask for anything and I get it. Do I NO, cause one day I may need it more than I do now. I have a 7 yr old brother who hopefully will take after me and be the good child and not like his other sis and bro.
    Anonymous