my baby is 7 months hold now and she is still not sleeping she gets a total of 2 hours in the day and about 3 at night . i have tried everything and nothing works. we have tried making her cry it out we have given her tylenol for the tetth and still nothin....please help!!!

lisan279

Asked by lisan279 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this question has been posted a lot, try doing some searching for more answers. i would first ask if she is hungry? some babies start eating babyfood a lot sooner then other babies. have you started rice cereal or baby food yet? what about teething tablets to help get her to sleep? they are homeopathic so they wont hurt her. just my thoughts, but try searching the answers.
    hope you get some sleep soon!
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 5:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I used the Magic Sleepsuit. www.magicsleepsuit.com It really worked great. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• i would say that it's time to get her checked out by the doc. that little sleep isn't enough for a growing baby. is she crying a lot? if so, have the doc check for acid reflux. that is what my daughter has. it kept her up a lot, she howled all the time, etc. it's easily misdiagnosed as colic. have you ever had heartburn? if so, multiply that by about ten and, if that's the case, you'll understand why your baby isn't sleeping.

other than that, just let the doc take a peek. my assumption is that something's wrong and needs to be attended to. babies her age need 14-16 hrs of sleep per day.
    MommyToJessica

Answer by MommyToJessica at 6:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I agree that she should be checked by the doctor. If she isn't crying all the time I wuold be shocked because they need way more sleep then that. I would try swaddling her (they make big ones for her age), and if you are putting her in the same place to sleep, maybe think of changing it for a while until she gets the sleep down pat. For instance, if you are putting her in the crib to sleep, maybe try a swing for longer naps, or if you are keeping her in her own room at night, try moving the crib to your room. it sounds like she needs to learn to put herself back to sleep once she wakes, and sometimes a comforting environment can help. Just a thought
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 8:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2009