what do i do?

i just found out today that my 13 yrs old daughter is having sex.the principal from school called home today and said that there is a rumor going around that my daughter is pregnant,and having people punch her in the stomach.so i asked my daughter what was going on and she said that its just a rumor,but she admitted to me she has had sex 2 times.she lives with her dad,so she isnt with me except for on the weekends.so i am totally freaking out!what should i do besides put her on birth control?she is my 1st teenager and i am so over whelemed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• oh and she is on her period so she isnt pregnant!
    Anonymous

• Have a long talk with her dad since he is the one she lives with but also talk to your daughter about sex and protection.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• First don't freak out, that will push her away. then go from there. Find out if she is pregnant(at home test). Then talk to her(not at her)Right now you are upset, thats why I said it that way.. Ask questions and see what answers you get. if you can, find out everything. Then talk to the dad if you have too. Like where was he?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• that sucks. but yeah i would definetely put her on birth control one that you can make sure she takes all the time. like some teens think they dont have to take it all the time.anyway i would make sure the birth control is taken correctly.you cant do anything really. just make sure she is well informed and that she can come to you for everything and anything. good luck.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 5:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Take her to the gyno and have them check her out. She wants to have sex and be a big girl then its time for a yeary exam. Thats what I did to my dd who was sexually active as a teen. The dr then explained to her what it meant being sexually active, from being exposed to stds, pregnancy, aids etc. Then she put her on the shot and explained she had to come in every 3 mths.

Answer by gemgem at 5:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Does anyone teach abstinence anymore?  What about self respect?

sammy12868

Answer by sammy12868 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Thats so sad. Did she seem embarrassed to tell you about this or did she act like she didn't care? What does her dad say about it? you know it was good of the prinicapal to call and let you know, if he hadn't things could have been alot worse. I would do like the other moms said, make her do a home pregnancy test, go and pick up one from the dollar store, they work as well as the expensive ones. Is she having sex with the same boy or different ones? how old are the boys she's been with? I will be praying that everything is ok
    TammyG.

Answer by TammyG. at 7:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• sammy12868, that's what I would like to know. I'm amazed at how many people say, well there's nothing you can do, just put them on birth control. 13 and on birth control?? That's ridiculous. How about some self control? Self respect? Waiting until you're mature enough to even deal with all of the emotions and possible consequences that go along with having sex?
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• When will people realize that you really cant do anything about a child haveing sex. My kid wont this,my kid that..BULL. WAKE UP AND SMELL or sex drived generations coming..Birth control is the best thing for any GIRL sex or no sex. YOu never KNOW

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• get on the internet with her there and show her pix of what stds actually look like.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2009