• In the Spotlight:

question about insurance

It is still a while before my baby is due but when do i apply for insurance for him? Do i do it before he is born, if so how far in advance should i apply for it? i have medicad if that matters at all.

(im only 22 weeks but for some reasons ive really been worrying about this)

SaraNicole715

Asked by SaraNicole715 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Health

• When I was pregnant, I had the same exact question as you did. I was on medicaid too. Kansas Medicaid, the program I was on, covered the baby automatically for the first year, pre-natal care, and delivery. I have to reapply when my son is a year old. Call your medicaid office though.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• He will automatically be covered under your plan. If you have any questions about what you need to day afterwards you'll need to call your Insurance carrier. Each one is different. Mine covered my kids under my name for 90 days and then sent me their cards... I didn't have to do anything.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You report it when hes born.

Answer by gemgem at 5:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2009