Why does my Husband treat me this way???

Hey everyone. Well me and my hubby have been married since March 2011. He's so mean to me, he acts like he doesn't care, like when I ask him to help me with something, like shopping for a new phone because he knows about stuff like that, he completely ignores me, he calls my friends bitches, and it hurts me. He doesn't say it to their face, mainly because he has never met them. Tonight I was helping my friend over Facebook make a OK CUPID account, she is single. He thinks that it's just me saying that so that I can talk to guys. I have never cheated on him, and never will. It just hurts me with him acting like this. I don't know what I did wrong with him, I have talked to him and he says "it's just the way I am". Well, I told him, he need to respect me, and he said it's not that I don't respect you, it's just me. I mean this is dumb, I give him 400% of my respect, heart and love. It feels like I get maybe 25% of his. It hurts me so bad! I just don't know what to do anymore. I love him, but things have got to change. It's not me, it's him... really. He has this temper that will not do, he yells, and gripes about everything,, I mean Gosh, I have told him to just STFU, and leave! It gets to the point where I feel like he doesn't love me. I do believe that he is bipolar, he's happy, and loving sometimes, but then when he doesn't have a cigarette, he's a little baby and is mean. I hate it. I hate that I feel this way, I hate that I cry almost everyday.. I'm just sick of it, and I deserve the best!! Please give me any advice. I'm really hurt and confused! Thank You everyone and Merry Christmas. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• How old are both of you?

Answer by louise2 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2011

• Are you pregnant?

Answer by louise2 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2011

• He sounds like he needs a wake up call. Was he always this abusive and controlling in your relationship? If it is new than I would see if you can get him help it could be a medical condition, but if he always been this way then you need to leave because he is not worth your time. If he is treating you like crap then you need to leave.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2011

• Leave now before you've been married 20 years and wasted your life.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2011

• "Why does my husband treat me this way?"

Because you let him.

He doesn't get to continue living like a single guy, doing whatever he wants, treating people however he wants, he has to act like an adult, like a HUSBAND, and put some effort into meeting your need or you need to be gone. Insist. Tell him "You WILL treat me with more respect and love or I will leave, because this is not healthy and I will not teach my children that this is how relationships should be." And then don't be a fucking doormat and LEAVE if he won't make an effort.

All love and hugs to you, mom. I've seen too many women stay for too long. Be strong. Insist on being treated like a human he cares for or be gone.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2011

• ""Why does my husband treat me this way?"

Because you let him."

^^^All other answers will pale compared this is most basic one.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 9:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2011

• Maybe you guys should think about Counseling.. if he is Bipolar; meds. would help him with his Mood Swings- i would tell him it's either make a doctor appointment to get some help or you are not going to continue to live your life this way.. i hope things work out & get better soon! Lots of Luck:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2011

• Mu husband is the exact same way
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2011

• So sorry!

He maybe sick, under depression, under the effects of middle-age crisis...

Monsita

Answer by Monsita at 5:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2011