Does anyone know how some kids learn to play piano as a toddler?

My daughter just turned two and she loves music. She sings all the time and actually carries a tune very, very well. We have a toy piano and she sits on it playing and singing all the time. I have heard of toddlers learning to play piano and thought my daughter might love too but didn't know how to go about it or if it is something they just do on there own if they have the talent.

Katieasmom

Asked by Katieasmom at 5:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd takes music appreciation classes and started around 2. She is almost 4 and taking violin classes. I would look into something like that because it gets you in touch with teachers of music but I dont think she is too young to start to learn.
    Anonymous

• Look into getting her some lessons.(preferably someone who works with children) If you can, get her a small key board. I started playing by ear when I was 3, you'd be surprised at how much she could teach herself. My daughter also started playing very young. She had some lessons, but eventually taught herself with her own personal style. She now writes and composes her own music and recorded her first CD a few years ago. Good luck!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009