I HAVE A 16 YEAR OLD BOY WHO IS DATING A14 YEAR OLD GIRL I DON'T LIKE HER ANY ADVICE

I HAVE HEARD NOTHING BUT BAD ABOUT THIS GIRL ANY ADVICE TO BREAK THEM UP

LOST4

Asked by LOST4 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• chances are if she's really bad let your son find out on his own. he'll figure out that she isn't who he wants to be with ;)
    Anonymous

• if YOU try to make them break up then you gonna be the bad guy.

there is nothing you can do about it. if you dont like her, then you will still have to deal with it. he likes her, maybe even loves her. he has to find out by himself. as much as it may bother you, but pushing him and forcing him to break up will do the opposite. and the more bad things -you- say about her to him, the more he will be on her side.

thats how teenagers in love are.. most of them ;)

good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• They're young and your son needs to figure it out on his own. Chances are he won't listen to you anyway. Just remember...it's not like they're getting married so it's not going to hurt anyone
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am only 21..I was just there with my parents when i was about 16..they hated my ex bf..So therefore, they made it hard on us to see each other.. We were only allowed to see each other at my house or go to dinner with my parents. Also just give her a chance. Its not right to only believe what you hear. Invite her out to dinner. ask her questions, be there for your son. Don't just tell him you don't like her and you don't want him to see her..because honestly that makes him like her more. The more you seem invovled, you will get to know her. But give her an honest chance, some people change, and others don't. If you stay invovled her true colors will show. Ask her dinner soon...
    CrEEdsMoM21

Answer by CrEEdsMoM21 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I went through the same thing. I learned YOU can't break them up. The harder you push them apart, the closer at least he will become to her. Try to grit the teeth and pray he figures out more about her and breaks it off when he sees fit. Teen relationships come and go so fast these days, if she is as bad as you think, he'll move on. And if he doesn't, try to get them to hang together more at your house so you can watch and monitor what's going on between the two of them. At least you'll be more at ease with it. Good luck!
    Squirrel1001

Answer by Squirrel1001 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Your son needs to be careful because in most states 14 years is under the age of consent so even if they never have sex but if he kisses her or touches her in any way he can be charged and arrested because she is too young to say it is okay
    Anonymous

• The harder you try to break them up the more you will drive him into her arms. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• your son can go to jail if he is having sex with this girl,i would do somthing about this
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should try and get to know her before you judge her. I am a really good person and I have had moms try and turn there sons against me just like you because of bad stuff they have heard about me. I am a good person that has never done anything bad in my life. People that dont like you will talk. But just because people run there mouth does not mean that girl is a bad person. Maybe you should try to get to know her and then judge. Because its not fair to hate someone you know NOTHING about.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 9:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Whoever is posting stuff about this jail busy..sorry but its stupid.. first of all you have to be 16 to have consentual sex, second, most of the time there is a 3 YEAR law of some sort...and YOU ARE STUPID to think that making him leave her alone is going to help!!!! I was just there just a few years ago....I promise that if the parent stays involved, the girl will show her TRUE colors...if she is bad..you can only be FaKE for so long..and if he is just in it for SEX he will realize its too much work!!!!!!!!!! I am serious...what i said works!!!!!!!!!!
    CrEEdsMoM21

Answer by CrEEdsMoM21 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2009