To non-believers

Not judging/bashing or anything just curious: have you ever thought "what if there is a God?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yep I am going through that right now.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 5:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Of course. and IF there is and it's the one in the bible he has got alot of explaining to do before I consider it worthy of worship. But I look at it this way.. if there is a god and he's a loving moral god he won't punish me for having reasonable doubts about his existence and putting little faith in the words of other fallible humans. And if he would then maybe I don't want to spend eternity with him anyway. I've made my decision with my free will and I am willing to take whatever rewards or punishment those decisions bring to me. I've made my bed and I will lie in it. I'm kewl with that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Nope. Never asked myself this question. Because (for me) there absolutely is no god what so ever out there. too much shit happened to me and my family to be able to believe in something like that.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• so what God is supposed to make this world perfect m.roberson... he put us on this earth to see what path we would take. no one can blame him for things that has happened.

Anonymous

• For me, even if there is a god, I highly doubt that it would be anything like what man thinks it is. I doubt it even knows of our existence, let alone wants us to worship it. Have I ever asked myself, "what if", sure. You should always consider all possibilities. But like 2autisticsmom said, if it is the God of the bible, and he wants to punish me for not believing, even though I am a decent person, than that is no god I would ever want to spend eternity with anyways. As far as I'm concerned religion is a man made concept, used to explain things that were previously unexplainable. Now that we have the capabilities to find the answers ourselves, there is no need for god, or religion.

As a side note, I am not saying that we have found all the answers, but I know given enough time, man will, someday, be able to answer all the questions.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 6:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Anon, those are the kinds of things that really tend to confuse us non-believers. You praise god for all the good things he does for you, and for answering your prayers, but you can never blame him for the bad because apparently it is beyond his control? You can't blame him for the bad things, but he gets all the credit for the good? It just doesn't make any sense.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 6:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sure.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• imy2.5boys.. i just wanted to share something with you, islam teaches that god is in control of everything.. good or bad.. and that we must turn to him in both good and bad times he will give us rewards here and in paradise. so you are right it doesn't make sense if they only say he is only in control of good things.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think there is a God,maybe not the God that has been jammed down so many throats but a God,higher power.As for what happens to us,that is free will.I struggle with how so many bad things are allowed to happen.i understand free will and allthat but how if God is all powerful, does he allow some of the horrible things to happen to us.Is it a game to him,are we pawns? I don't want to think that but it is a struggle.the question"what is there is a God?I think I have lived a good life,tried not to hurt anyone,and that is all anyone can ask for.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for sharing Aasiyah, I did not know that about Islam.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 6:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009