how do i get rid of streach marks ?

i have strechmarks and i am looking for the best way to get rid of them. I was hoping for a good way to get them to fade away. i exept any meathed. thanks

msnider07

Asked by msnider07 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Cocoa butter works a little, and they say if your stretchmarks haven't faded, then getting a tan might help to.
    Other than that, only laser surgery can get rid of them. It sucks, but it's something we'll have to get used to.
    DementedPsyche

Answer by DementedPsyche at 12:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Yes a tan helps if they are still red or purple looking. If they are white then a tan will only make them look whiter. Bio oil for scars fades stretch marks pretty good. You can buy it at Walgreens. Also keep your belly lubed up with some cocoa butter Cream.

If these don't work good enough for you then I suggest TrilastinSR. IT's expensive though but it works very good. You have to look it up online to buy it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Find a unicorn, who will lead you to a genie, who will grant you three wishes. Hopefully, your life will be simple enough to allow cosmetic changes as a wish.

Other than that...there's nothing. They're scars, they'll get lighter with time, but there is NO miracle cream to make them stop. If you're going to get them, you're going to get them.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 8:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Gabrielle... your reply was exactly what I was thinking! LOL

There is no real way to get rid of them... at least not any realistic way of doing it. You could always spend thousands in an attempt to get rid of them. I found that vitamin E oil, cocoa butter and mederma were effective in helping the discoloration... but so is time. There really isn't anything to keep you from getting them either. Some people are just more prone to them than others. Don't worry about them! They are your beauty marks from your children :)
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• aside from having them removed surgically you're screwed just like the rest of us. Pregnancy ends but stretchmarks last forever
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• For me, the best way to getting rid of them, is to think of them as something else. I don't look at them quite like stretch marks. I try to look at them as battle scars of pregnancy. I look at my little boy and think that he wouldn't be here today if I didn't get those! You can try to keep the area moisturized. There is no 100% method. They will fade with time, but always be there.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• thank you for all the info i enjoy hearing all the differnt ways.I love the unicorn one. i was just wondering and i will try some of them exept the suragery. my daughter told my how to look at them differntly she said it was a way to tell how big her baby brother was geting and that they would always be beutful.
    msnider07

Answer by msnider07 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• vit E oil is effective in reducing the redness and visability of them. It is good to reduce the visibilty of any scars
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2008