How can i get my late period to start? help ladies who have started with home remedies!

ok so my cycle is late and no im not pregnant so thats out, what can i do to start it?

sn: people have been tellin me about vitamin c, whats up with that?

michelle_212

Asked by michelle_212 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2011 in Health

• Have sex. Works every time for me.
    Anonymous

• Do you have any idea why it is late? Are you typically regular?
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 4:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• always been irregular but never missed a period ever and i have been irregular since i was 11, an that was yearssss ago . but they doctor checked for fibroids and everything but everything came back normal , all the test. i stopped depo in june but have gotta a period every since but havent had one since oct 10th wen i went off.
    michelle_212

Comment by michelle_212 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• Well, there really isn't any tried and true way to encourage your body to cycle regularly. You can try a few cups of strong ginger tea every day. I, too, have heard about the vitamin C but you need to make sure you're only taking a healthy dose.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 4:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• this is frustrating. i know the parsley tea hasnt worked for me. for the ginger tea do you just cut a couple pieces and put it in water and boil or how do you fix it?
    michelle_212

Comment by michelle_212 (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• Yep, make sure it's a nice healthy finger of ginger. Slice about 10 thin rounds (peeled) and place in 2 cups of water. Boil for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool and then drink it up. You can add honey if you want.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 4:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• If you are not pregnant, why do you want it to start???? My periods were always irregular from the time I started at age 14. I would miss two or three all the time. ( I was not pregnant--I was a virgin until age 23) and I didn't care.My Doctor said there was nothing wrong/. It was the same after I got married and after I had three kids. It is no big deal.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• Completely mellow out. Even though you know your not pregnant, your still in a late period panic mode. I took a home test one time.. negative. So I waited a couple of days but convinced myself maybe it was just early. I went to the doc where the test was still negative. She told me to relax and mellow out. 8 hours later, I was never so happy to have my period. Also another time, sex must have loosened it up because an hour later, it started after being a few days late. Drink some wine and enjoy a movie.. you will relax and be flowing in no time
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 6:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• De-stress, go exercise. I like to drink tea with raspberry leaf and fenugreek (not the only ingredients, but among the ingredients) as well as taking alfalfa tablets. If it's a hormonal thing, the raspberry leaf, fenugreek, and alfalfa is suppose to help normalize. Sometimes I will also eat an avocado because those are suppose to help with balancing hormones.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 6:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2011