Strange things at the doctor office.

I went to the doctor yesterday like normal. And he measured me and told me that I was measuring at 39 weeks but I am only 32 weeks along. So he had me go to Labor and Delivery to get put on the monitors and get an ultrasound done to check the baby and amniotic fluid. Both baby and fluid check out at 32 weeks. Has something like this happened to anyone? Were they able to explain why you had gotten so big? I grew 11 cm in 3 weeks time. the last time I was there, I was right on target. Just so strange.

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 6:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• iv been measuring big since i was about 15weeks. Im 24weeks and am measuring at like 29wks. on u/s though baby is only measuring right on target at 24 weeks maybe more like 25. your uterus for whatever reason has just grown faster. if your dr isnt to worried about it after u/s its probably ok.
    Anonymous

• This kinda happend to me they said my baby was under weight by 3 weeks and this been going on for 2 months that he was too small blah blah..then my OB check me and said the baby was bigger then he measured last week so he had me get my [6th] ultrasound and the baby was right on point. So I dont understand it.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• This happened to me. When I was 30 weeks I measured 34 weeks. I went in for an ultrasound and they said that I just had a big baby. Well she was big, she was 9lbs14ozs when she was born. It could also be just the way the baby is positioned. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 6:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Thanks everyone. Yeah the baby was measuring right at about 32 weeks (31.3 weeks according the ultrasound). I go back to the doctor tuesday so I am hoping that I will get some answers. Who knows
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am measuring 37 weeks and I am 33 weeks. Ultrasound even measures me at 37 weeks. I know I am 33 weeks because I conceived on fertility drugs. They can be wrong, don't freak about it.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2009