Am I being too overprotective?

I live downstairs in the basement of my fiance's parents house. They have a 14 year old boy, and his 3 friends are spending the night. I dont know any of them but they seem very immature. My daughter (3) has her own room down here, and I don't really want her sleeping alone in her room tonight, because there is only stairs apart from them coming down here. My fiance said it's ridiculous that I want to move her bed into our room and lock the door.

I don't feel like i'm being unreasonable trying to protect my daughter from sexual abuse or any kind of harm. He says he isn't sleeping in here if she's in here because he will get woke up a lot before he has to go to work. I say my daughter being safe is more important. What do you moms think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that we have gut instinct's for a reason and that you should listen to yours. What if you didn't and something did happen? I'd rather error on the side of caution.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• Thank you. I feel like it's my own job to make sure she is safe and I will do anything to keep it that way.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• You can't be too safe these days. I dont blame you for wanting her close to you. Chances are, boys that age will be playing video games all night, but you never know what can happen when they get bored! Let fiance' sleep in her room if he needs a good night's sleep for work. Lornamay is right, follow those instincts mama! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• I think mom's always know best and it is always better to be safe than sorry, dad can sleep in the couch!

Answer by older at 5:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• I agree with moms above they said it all
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• I agree with the others...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I am sure they will all be playing games all night, but I just wanted justification from other mom's so I know I'm not really being ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• I would just sleep in her room tonight so that your fiance can get sleep for work.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• She sleeps all night, she won't wake him up at all. He's just mad because he won't be able to play video games after 9 so he doesn't want her in there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• Better to be safe than sorry.  Can you sleep with her in her room?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2011