Ringworm? Anybody have experience with it?

I myself have had A LOT of experience....my son had it so bad that he had to go on 2 weeks of oral antibiotics to clear it up...but that was about a year ago...now its BACK!!!!

A spot on his side and I believe a spot on my 3 year old dd forhead!!! AAHHHH!

Do you think I need to take her to the Dr. about the one on her forhead? Will it be harder to go away?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 6:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Health

• Its a fungus. Get some athletes foot cream or vagisil cream for yeast infections...seriously it will clear it up:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 6:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i wouldnt think it would be harder just cause its on her forhead poor kid.
    im sure since you have been through it that if you use diluted bleech water it will dry it up really fast if you didnt know this then i suggest trying it.
    its like 1 teaspoon bleech to 4 Tablespoons or something like that. But it helps dry it up fast.
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of the bleech thing........

Where does this stuff come from!!!! Ugggg....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Google treating it with raw garlic.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• ringworm cream works real good, I usually use athlete's foot cream because it's cheaper and in bulk. we experience a lotta ringworm :( when putting it on kids, just make sure to rub it in REALLY good, obviously :) now if it was in the hair, that would be a problem that warrants a visit to the doc
    Anonymous

• ringworm is a fungus, it comes from things like dirt that cats have pooped in (mainly). You can use any kind of anti-fungal cream (athlete's foot, yeast infection cream, etc) and it will clear it up. The reason your son keeps getting it is because he is still exposed to the infected place. My brother used to get it alot when we were kids because he liked to dig in the dirt. He even had it on his butt one time because he like to sit in the dirt.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I had it every time i played in the sandbox,sand on the beach or backyard grass on the farm.Being on the forehead shouldn't be harder.Try walmart's generic athletes foot cream works well.If it last more than 7 days after cream then take dd to the doctor.
    carebear2025

Answer by carebear2025 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2009