is it time?

Im not sure whether its time to start my almost 7 month old on stage 2 foods and how to go about doing it??? any suggestions including a good feeding schedule. she wakes up between 8 and 9 and goes to bed between 9 and 10,.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• stage 2 isn't much different from stage1 i wouldn't be stressing too much about it. my son was on stage 2 when he was like 5 months old!! just try it out and as long as she doesn't choke then your fine!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• there isnt really big difference between stage 1 and stage 2 jar foods... just a huge difference in the price.

its cheaper to just cook some fruits or veggies.. mash em up and feed them :)

at 7months our DD was on solids already... of course she still got 1-2 bottles of formula/ day.. but mostly cereal, mashed fruits and veggies...
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i shouldn't say choke... as long as she doesn't gag. because that won't get stuck in her throat ;o)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I started my daughter on stage 2 foods right around 6mths of age. She does great with them...they are just a little larger portions and a little thicker. I think that if your daughter does really good with stage one (not letting it drool out of her mouth) it's time to go up a stage. I feed my daughter baby food the same way I feed myself and other children...breakfast, lunch and dinner. If she gets hungry in the mean time, I give her a bottle. I hope this helps
    Sarah_ponder

Answer by Sarah_ponder at 6:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We never even did stage 1. The only difference is the size of the jar really. It's much more cost effective, too.

As for a feeding schedule...when do you have your meals? That's when to give hers. Then snacks in between as needed.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• sure, it's okay. just make sure that (since stage 2 include 2 or more types of foods) that she's had all of them in the past, for allergy reasons. also, as previously stated, they're horribly overpriced. if she's old enough for stage 2, just mash up what you guys are eating, within reason (and before spices are added) and feed it to her.
    MommyToJessica

Answer by MommyToJessica at 6:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm glad that you asked that, because I was wondering the same thing! I thought I was overfeeding my son because he was eating 6oz bottles every 3-4 hours when he was awake (between 6am and 9pm), sometimes more and sometimes less, depending on when he was hungry. I started him on solids at the beginning of November, on 1 jar per day. I just recently checked out the Beechnut website to see what kinds of products they had and to get an idea of a feeding schedule and now I feel like I've been starving the poor kid! I've gotten his menu up to 1/4 C Good Morning Oatmeal and Fruit, 1 Jar of fruit, and a bottle. Then he'll have his mid-morning bottle. Lunch is a jar of veggies and a bottle. Usually there's another. Then he gets a jar of veggies, 1/4 C of the Good Night Whole Wheat cereal with Raisins, and his last bottle. This seems to be holding him over for now.

KimbaD20

Answer by KimbaD20 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009