2 vessel Cord

Hi there
I am 23 weeks pregnant with my fourth child and I just found out last week that my child has a 2 vessel cord and one kidney. My OB wants to closely observe me with more frequent ultrasounds. I have been trying to google information and some things I find useful and some I find scary. Can anyone please help me with any information if they have any? Thanks

Coensmom

Asked by Coensmom at 9:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sorry I wish I could. .. I know in the past I have read things on the net with other things that scared me as well. Just take things one step at a time and try not to worry. You will deal with the circumstances and it will probably be much better than you are fearing right now. Atleast now there is better technology to keep a close eye on everything and if the have to they can have specialists available when you deliver. Good Luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• I am not sure about the two vessels. But I can speak from experience about the one kidney. My daughter was diagnosed when I was about 18 weeks pregnant with a polycystic kidney. They did monitor me very closely. I seen a high risk doctor and my original obgyn every month. People live with one kidney everyday. My daughter is a normal striving 8 year old today. Her kidney eventually shrank down to about the size of a pea. I was told by her pediatrition that the only thing one kidney would prohibit her from is contact sports. For instance, if she had been a boy football would be out of the question. Hope this helps a little and good luck.
    1Mady

Answer by 1Mady at 12:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2011