How to help a bruised butt? CPS involved. adult content

My daughter fell on her butt pretty hard the other day while we were at the park*she is 8 years old*. The next day CPS shows up at my house saying my husband and I gave her the bruises on her butt because my daughter told her Councillor that she got in trouble the night before and her butt was hurting*not saying anything about the park*, now they've opened a case saying it was "sever injury to a child" even though we explained to them what happened, they would not listen to us and now my children are at my mothers for 7 days while they do an assessment. Does anyone know how to help reduce my childs bruise? it isn't hurting her to sit down or anything its just black/blue. I need help! I do not want my children taken from me, and it hurts me every time i have to give my children baths because I think about how close i am to loosing them...someone help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, if the case does continue, I am getting a lawyer and fighting the case.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Bruises

That should help with the bruise. It may not help as much with CPS... what will help there is them doing the assessment and figuring out that your child wasn't honest.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• yes, i'm waiting for these horrid 7 days to pass so we can move on with our lives, i already had a serious talk with my daughter about being honest about things like this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• potassium helps with bruising...time for some bananas!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 11:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• I am not bashing just trying to understand, how are you bathing your children if they are at your moms, usually CPS wont let you have an y contact until the assesment is done. with that said, i am sorry that things get misconstrued like that all the time it is very hurtful to families. hang in there hope it all goes well.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• from what was said in the paperwork that my case worker gave me, my husband and I are able to see the kids and be around the kids as long as my mother is present, I am stay with my mother and the kids right now. If my mother has to go somewhere the kids have to go with her, all that was stated is "visitations will be supervised" by my mother who signed the papers as well.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• then they probably wont find anything they have to check out all incedents reported, glad you get to be iwth them supervised, its not so devestating to them.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• yea, i agree, its really hurting my husband though, he's at our home trying to get things situated so when they do come back they have no reason to say anything further. I have a feeling that everything is going to be ok, it is just hard seeing the bruise and thinking something so innocent as her falling at the play ground can get her and my other daughter taken from us.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• "it is just hard seeing the bruise and thinking something so innocent as her falling at the play ground can get her and my other daughter taken from us."

It wasn't the bruise but the lie that got them taken from you. Hopefully your mom isn't treating this like it's some kind of vacation, or your daughter might get the idea that this is a cool thing.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2011

• From now on, since you have this, you don't want any more calls. Who ever she told and people involved must have suspected child abuse, otherwise they cannot report it. or ethically shouldn't. So to me it says whoever she is around is going to be watching her like a hawk. And the more calls the worse it gets.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2011