Do YOU believe?

I'm reading a book about haunted houses in New England. How many of you believe in Ghosts? And if you do, have you ever had any experiences, such as seeing a ghost or feeling an unearthly presence? Just curious as to what kind of answers I'll get. I promise, I WILL NOT bash anyone that replies. So, who has a good story?

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cardboard game board would not burn for a good half hour, and it screamed. I am not lying, it screamed as it burned. I have had numerous experiences, but do not believe they are our friends who have passed on, but demons or other angry spirits. They assume kind forms (such as children) to keep our guard low. Spirits are very real, if you believe in the Bible there are several references to them.
    Anonymous

• i believe in them, but i dont have a good story :[ i love hearing real ghost stories though!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I do my BIL was possessed I swear he was talking in a mean voice and we had to get a prest to cure him never will I play a Ouija bord again

Anonymous

• I had an apt across the street from a cemetary and one day we were watching tv in the living room and all three of the living room windows flew up at the same time. Another time, I was home alone with my dogs and my one dog, kept standing up on his hind legs to look up the stairs and I kept yelling at him to get down, because as puppies they would sneak up there to poop . . well anyway, as we I was sitting there, I heard something bang against the wall. It was a jewelry box lid from upstairs . . . came flying down as if it was thrown, if it had just fallen off something, it would have hit the stairs and not the wall all the way at the bottom.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Another time, I heard what sounded like someone come up the back deck and stick a key in the back door (we didn't have keys to that door) so my bf, at the time, and I ran out to look and the door was hanging wide open while the doorlock (you know the kind you push over only when the door is closed) was still locked . . . all so creepy!!
    BridgetC140

• If I ever shower late at night I get such a creepy feeling that there is a presence in the bathroom. My hair stands off my arm and I cant even finish my shower. My dachshund sits right where I feel the presence and stares up and down at the wall and will bark. I stopped showering at night now. It only occured late at night. It was really weird.
    Anonymous

• I played with Ouija boards in highschool with a friend. One night we were getting evil answers from the board (if you ever play with one {WHICH I DO NOT RECOMMEND} ask them where they are, and odds are they will spell out your address or something) So we tried to "shut it down" by making it say goodbye (never ever stop playing without doing that, or the portal will remain open! That's what I've read anyway...) But whatever we were talking to got mad at us, and a glass on the table seriously shot across the room! I have not touched them since, because that was too scary! We burned that board the next day (turns out you're not supposed to do that, oops!) and the plastic planchete melted before the board. con't
    Anonymous

• My experiences are too numerous to list them all here, but I'll tell about a few of them:

The first and perhaps the most crazy, is something that happened to me when I was five. I slept in a toddler bed on the opposite side of the room as my mother's bed. Well, this one night, after she turned off the lights and got into bed, there were a pair of blood-red eyes staring at me from under her bed. They didn't blink and they were very close to the ground. Well, I was literally almost peeing my pants and started screaming.

My mother turned on the lights and the eyes disappeared. she looked under the bed and there was absolutely nothing there- not even a dust bunny! She turned off the lights and right away, there they were, looking at me again.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• This only happened to me once, but here's the crazy thing- When my oldest daughter was five, she was playing in her room and all of the sudden she started screaming and she ran to me. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me there were red eyes looking at her from her toy-box! I had never mentioned what happened to me, in fact, I had almost totally forgotten about it until she had the same experience.

In this same apartment (which used to be a carriage house back in the early 1900's) I saw shadows, my cousin who was staying with me and sleeping in that bedroom where the eyes were, saw a 'phantom' white cat in the room, and just always a feeling of someone watching me.
    IhartU

• The house I lived in from the time I was 10 until 18, had many many things happen in it. Footsteps, water tuning on by it's self, sounds of something heavy falling down the basement stairs and I saw the ghost of a little boy at the end of my bed one time.

My brother had this imaginary friend named bill when he was little. This one time when I was alone in the house with him, he was playing in the basement and I heard him talking, so I stood at the top of the stairs and listened. I was totally shocked when I heard the unmistakable sound of a man's voice answering him! I ran down and there was no one there but him. I asked who he was talking to and he said it was Bill!

Now onto my children and the house we live in now. My oldest, who had seen the red eyes, has also seen shadows and the figure of a little girl standing in the hallway wearing a long white nightgown.
    IhartU