Please read...20 week Ultrasound

I just had my 20th week ultrasound where they checked the brain, heart, spine and everything else...well I had the blood test done that says if there is any down syndrome and defects (Not the needle in the belly just blood drawn) and everything came back normal. I just got a call from the Dr. saying she wanted me to have another ultrasound because in the brain it showed a little more liquid than the regualr norm. She said it still fell into the Normal category just on the higher scale of it. She said I probably didnt need to worry but she wanted to double check with a specialist.
This is my first pregnancy...I am scared. Has anyone else ran into anything like this?

Fallon_Long

Asked by Fallon_Long at 7:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldnt be afraid unless it gets over the normal.
    My doctor said I'd be lucky if my baby was 4 pounds when born.
    Had me convinced be in NICU for atleast a month. She was well over 5 pounds.
    Sometimes the ultrasound isnt as clear or accurate.
    I wish you luck.
    Anonymous

• Ultrasounds are not an exact science. It measured my SIL baby to be over 11 lbs and the baby was 7lbs 8 oz. They said my son would have a cleft foot and he doesn't. Don't get yourself all worked up over what the doc said they are not exact.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yeah does not sound like a big deal, please don't stress too much. They might have not gotten the best view and they want to double check hang in there your little baby will be ok! :)
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I really hope when they do a double-check on your baby's brain, that everything comes back normal.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2009