Has anyone used Penn Foster or know someone who has??

I am thinking of doing Penn foster online college for vet assistant degree. I was wondering if anyone has used it. Did it work for you? did people accept the degree? Any details would be awesome!!

Ft.Stewart_wife

Asked by Ft.Stewart_wife at 7:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I did, but it made me so mad. The program I was taking, I found the same resources on line for FREE elsewhere. Look over it well...
    Anonymous

• My son is using it to get his HS diploma. I am going to University of Phoenix for my college though.

Answer by gemgem at 7:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• beware of online "businesses" that are for profit. Go to RIPOFFREPORT.com to see common problems. I was think ing of going to strayer university but they are way overpriced and read reports on them (and kaplan, University of phoenix and more) . I'm going to a community college here in the spring. So, do research! Alot of these are out for money and not education.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I used it for my wedding planning certificate. I was fine with the outcome . but i would check with your community college and see what is available. I chose Penfoster because the program was recommended and I could do it in my own pace.
    lakeishah

Answer by lakeishah at 2:47 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It says you are a Ft Stewart wife? Do you have a college campus on post? Here at Hood, we have CTC that you can take classes at or the CTC offpost
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We are going to be moving around alot soon so i cant go to a college. Thats why i was looking to do this online. I wont be at ft. stewart much longer......hopefully.
    Ft.Stewart_wife

Answer by Ft.Stewart_wife at 9:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2009