When did your bleeding from the depo shot stop?

Didnt get last shot and still bleeding 5 weeks later! Was on the shot for 6 months! Bled almost whole time!

Garsmommy1205

Asked by Garsmommy1205 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• The doc had to put me on premarin (sp?) to stop the bleeding when I had the depo shot. I would check with your doc.
    Anonymous

• I never did. I got the shot the day that I left he hospital after having my son and then got an IUD when my son was 10 wks old. I bled for close to 6 or 7 months, on and off. It was the most horrible couple of months of my life. I have since stopped, THANK GOD!, but the doctor told me that it was normal because of the depo and then on top of that the IUD.
    Rafaelsmom

Answer by Rafaelsmom at 2:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• ME 2! i was on it for about a yr. bleed almost the whole time also! it stopped about 1 month after i stopped it.
    twins121505

Answer by twins121505 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i spotted the entire five years that i was on depo..i thought it was normal until i changed doctors. he immediately performed an ultrasound and took me off of depo. then i took the pill (yazmin) or yasmin. It worked for me until i had a tubaligation. What is up with that comercial on Yaz and heart attacks or deaths. Do you think it could cause birth defects?
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 5:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2010