what are they trying to prove?

Just wondering if you think it was appropriate to buy a 4 month old a kota ride on dinosaur for Christmas...the age for this toy is 3-5 years old...then they post that and all 500 toys this kid received. What is buying a kid everything they want in life going to teach them? I'm tired of working my ass off to provide very little for my kids and then someone else gets the stuff handed to them and then has the right to brag about it...I'm so disgusted right now! UGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I can understand your dismay at being so impractical. I can also understand when you say you work your ass off just to provide for your children what they need. It hurts inside when you know you want to buy them things from time to time, without over doing it, but it is not possible right now. Especially when you have a little sweet angel begging, "Pleeeese Momeee! Pleessse!" We all want to spoil, from time to time, our children. But it is more about us and our feelings about not being able to buy that occassional special item with ease and no worry that it will bust our budget. Sure it is not right to brag about your flashy house, toys, or car - but people do. Turns out you can't buy class. So hold your head up high and know that is something you CAN do because it is priceless.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sounds like youre the one with the problem not them. What does it matter to you what someone else buys THEIR kid? It is their money. I am guessing they earned it? There will always be people out there with more then you, doesnt matter who you are. Hating them and being jealous wont get your anywhere but in bittervile.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand. If they have the money to buy it for their kids, why does it matter?
    Anonymous

• Dont worry about the others....the kids that understand about true work and sacrifice end up better off in the long run.

A 4 month old can do NOTHING with that dinosaur....lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I agree, why not buy things the baby needs? If you can spoil your kids that's your business and right, but true, why buy things they can't use?
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• The Kota dinosauer is super cute. maybe they're putting it in the nursery..why's it matter? Maybe they have a theme going and bought it so their kid could use it later. It's really not your business.
    Anonymous

• I agree that it's a little much, but if you had the money, would you not buy more things for your child?
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• That doesn't sound fair at all. You're pissed because someone can buy their kid everything they want? If you had the money wouldn't you? I know I would. They are not bragging to be jerks, I would brag to if I could do that for my kid because I would be so happy and want to share with others. But whatever. Get pissed over stupid shit that has NOTHING to do with you...
    Anonymous

• THEY don't have the money...their parents buy them stuff...just like they paid 20,000 toward the house for them, paid for 2 cars since one was wrecked...stuff like that. I don't care that they have the stuff. What pisses me off is the fact that they brag about what they do have and ummm It's all GIVEN to them...they don't work for any of it. I just think it's pretty selfish myself...but I wouldn't know your right...cuz i'm lower class and just jealous.
    Anonymous

• So? The kid will be using it eventually. My son is 2 and he is using 3-5 year old toys already. As long as you supervise (and there are no obvious small parts) I don't see the big issue.

Regardless if it's given to them, don't hate on them. We're considered lower class in the income bracket and you'd be surprised at the Christmas I gave my kids. I shop sales, clearance, craigslist...bought my kids 5 new toys each for christmas plus a HUGE bag of dvds, candy, games, etc. in their stocking for about $200 total.

Just because they (or their family) can provide for the child...get over it. Being pissed b/c their kids have more than yours isn't going to do you any good. The kid has stuff, yours doesn't. Big deal.
    Anonymous