Lately my nursing 3 month old is finding eating time more of a lets smile at mom and talk to "boo-boo". I thought it was cute when it started but now I'm worried she's playing too much and not eating enough. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Hannah-Belle

Asked by Hannah-Belle at 12:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh yes, my babies LOVED nursing time .. it is such a great time to bond and get to know one another .. no other person on earth can share in that moment.
    She will eat when she is hungry, but it is a good time to get some alone time with Mama too! Unless she is losing weight, I wouldn't worry at all. VERY normal! God Bless.
    MommyAdvisor

Answer by MommyAdvisor at 12:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• tottally agree with MommyAdvisor. But if you are on a tight schedule or if you have things to do(busydays) and dont have time to go into all that she needs to know its time to eat and not play time. When she wants to play but you need her to eat put her down and play with her. Or let her have some tummy time until she gets a little more hungry. Im not saying to do it all the time... because it is sooo very important to have those intimate moments with your little one. But there is a difference between Time to eat and Time to play. I get frustrated when my daughter wants to do that and i have 5 other things going on.
    CassieLee85

Answer by CassieLee85 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My son is the ultimate boob man!! He is 10 months and i thought he would never leave the boob, cause he had so much fun!! I actualy found it an awesome time to have some fun while being productive in the feeding session. Brest feeding is hard so why not enjoy it while you can. If it becomes too much trouble than just start latching off when he/she is getting carried away. But just look at it as the ultimate bonding experience and enjoy.
    NandE

Answer by NandE at 2:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Totally normal. She is discovering the world around her, and much more distractable.

You could try getting a nursing necklace to entertain her:)
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 2:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• if there is a chance you are pregnant, get checked because it will change the taste of the milk and they will play more than eat.
    aliciatakescare

Answer by aliciatakescare at 4:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2008