Do you often have to deal with family member or just people you don't like...

they never did anything "bad" to me...but I don't know, something about them really irks me...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like my inlaws....I cant stand them....but I am really good at smiling and nodding my head and avoiding them whenever possible ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I do all the time. I just keep my feelings to myself to keep the peace.
    MomnVa

Answer by MomnVa at 8:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sometimes, it's better to understand that your reality is not theirs, you values are not theirs and forgiveness does not mean "Forgive, Forget and Go Back"..... You may be willing to tolerate family (or friends) for holiday's and special occasions... you don't HAVE to ....the only thing that makes us humans do that is the desire to either be liked or the desire to not be seen as the stuck up b**** who thinks she too good...... Be you, be there when you can, and be somewhere else when you can't.... trust me one of the things they'll say behind your back is "She must not want to be around us at all cuz she's always making excuses to leave"...... so the good news is... they already know.... Just be you.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I do all the time. I've learned to bite my tounge and deal with it, at least for short periods of time! I'm sure they know, because I do try to leave things early, or not go at all. But it's better than having a big fight over it.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 9:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• STORY OF MY LIFE! My husband and I live with his grandfather and I just can't stand him! I mean, everything about the man drives me insane. He was in the military for 20 years and you would think he is still in it the way he acts! If anything conflicts with his schedule he gets so pissy and its ridiculous because the schedule is completely self-imposed! He doesn't do anything! And the few things that he does do are strictly scheduled, I mean, basically to the minute! And he also feels the need to do everything for my son, so now Davey acts ridiculous and won't do anything for himself if his great grandfather is in the room! Sorry, I didn't mean to rant, lol, I just really know how you feel and had to get that out.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2009