TV is NOT a NEED!

So Obama is looking to postpone the switching from analog to digital BECAUSE there isn't enough money to make sure everyone can get coupons (paid for with our tax dollars) for the boxes. Why are our tax dollars going to blanketly provide everyone with television access? I understand the government started this mess but omg tv is not a need. Next it's going to be ......well dvd's aren't the thing anymore so everyone needs a coupon to get a blu ray machine! Does anyone else think this is a little crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• gosh no, it makes perfect sense....for SOCIALISM sheesh get with it =P
    Anonymous

• hmm but the people who are affected use FREE tv, no cable or satellite. they of all people should be guaranteed television! and some of these people have no internet, so have nowhere else to get their news.
    Anonymous

• sarcasmWho cares.  Get a life and go gripe somewhere else.  Cause you know you are going to have an issue with whatever Obama says and does.  Sometimes, you just got to say, who gives a sh*t.  And I am saying that now.

Anonymous

• I agree that TV is not a need...but there are a lot of people that have a cheap used TV set that has no cable. They can watch the free channels for the news or whatever. I don't think it's ok to just change the way TV works on those that can't afford to switch. The government isn't providing them cable channels or anything. They're making sure that the TV's in these people's households work because it was the government's decision to change it in the first place. I don't think just anyone should qualify for this either. It should be low-income only.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!! TV is not an essential NEED to survive daily life.

Handout after handout, and honestly--I don't care if it's coming from Bush, Obama, or anyone else. Enough already! Our children are going to pay this hefty price for us, and I for one don't care to see that come to pass.
    Anonymous

• Yah well this is not Obama's doing. I heard about this a long time ago. So it's not an Obama issue. So, you can stop blaming him. Jeez.. I suppose it's his fault the gas prices are going back up?? Nope, I warned ya about that one about a month ago. Move on.
    Anonymous

•  OP here........I never said it was Obama's doing. I will fully admit that this was a Bush era stupid! I was just pointing out that as a country DO NOT have the money for this stuff anymore and it is not a need!

Anonymous

• well, if its Bush's fault we have stupid banks that wrecklessly loaned out money and stupid people that went beyond their means, then its Obama's fault for ever stupid thing that happens while he's in office bahahahha, makes perfect nonsense.
    Anonymous

• WORD
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• no tv is not a need but the people that have it are paying for it so if the government is going to do something that is out of our control and going to affect something that is being paid for they should help out with it. quit your bitchin
    Anonymous