baby shower

so my mom and my step mom were trying to plan my baby shower with out me knowing
well my mom got everything planned but did not tell me step-mom till like 2 days ago
i guess my baby shower is on the 17th and we dont even have the invites sent out half my family and friends know when where and wut time
its just the other half im worried about
well i called my mom to talk to her about it and she started to bitch and me
and tell me it was my falt everything was not planned and she was not gonna move the date
i just dont want any of my family to be left out and i only know the date
wut should i do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had this happen too and I moved the date back a week to make sure everyone could come
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Does ANYONE else know what's going on? I'd ask them.

When my husband's family gave me a shower for their side, they completely left out his Dad's family. We ran into one of his cousins shortly after our son was born, and it turned out that no one on that side even know I was pregnant. The relatives that DID come were invited by email a week before the shower, except a few didn't get the email (wrong address, don't have daily access, etc) so they didn't come. Kinda stinks, as I don't imagine I'll ever have another shower for anything. It's the thought that counts, just keep telling yourself that. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• well first of all, id bitch at my mother right back since it was suposed to be a suprise so how is that You're fault. i would ask your family if they knew anything about it. it's Your baby shower and since she's blaming You that the plans are screwed up, i would take over and tell my mother to back the hell off and if you feel you need to move your date so Everyone can come then so be it.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009