How do I find friends???

Im 19, have a 3 m/o daughter married to a great guy who works nights 3:30-12:30 currently, my whole family lives in FL and I live in IN.I have some friends here but they are all living it up being 19,no kids,no responsibility,they drink and party.I cant do that,I tried to be the good mom and party too, doesnt work for me.I have changed,I spend the days with my husband and then when he goes to work I clean my house and sit and wait for him to get home.We dont have much money right now b/c I haven't gone back to work yet otherwise I would go shopping or buy crafts which I like to do. Its hard to find friends that like to do the things I do, I like to browse Goodwills, dollar movies,decorate my house,but I'm so lonely,I call my mom everyday in FL and talk to her for hours. All I have is my daughter when my husband leaves, how do you meet people?We are going to start attending my neighbors church soon,maybe this will help?

laurenparent

Asked by laurenparent at 8:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Hey, send me a message! I don't know where in Indiana you are, but I'm in Indiana too!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Oh yes momma! Go to church and look around for a mothers day out group....most areas have one.....sorry you are lonely...I was like that for a while!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• look up groups on cafemom in your area, it's what i did. they have MNO and playdates. good luck
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• MNO= mothers night out.....just in case didn't know it
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i had my first at 10 (im 25 now) and i had a had time with that too all my friends (even the ones with kids) were partying and going out by the time i was 20 i was pregnant with my second and felt like i had no friends and was hating it big time!!! i hated it well any way long story short i found friends that cared about being a mom and wanted to be a good mom, im now as i said 25 and i am back to having no friends because i work and go to school and thats all i have time to do aside from my family but i am so in to my school and family it doesnt bother me anymore find something to put your self in too
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 8:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• lol mommie2twogirls you said you had your first baby at 10 :p i know you meant 20 it just sounded funny
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• oh yeah i also had my first at 20 but all my friends did too so it didnt matter :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Absolutely start going to church. Find one that has young families and work in the nursery to get to know others and get your baby used to going when you aren't working there. Find a mom's group in the area. You may need to go once a week during the day but you will start to meet mom's in your situation. You can get together as families once you know the moms. One obstacle is needing company in the evening when most families are together. Does your hubby know any coworkers wives who are in teh same boat as you? There may be classes for moms and infants through a low cost occur when your hubby is getting ready to go or just after he goes to work. Keep reaching out. You have to ask a lot of people to get one or two to bite. Don't be discouraged. You and your baby will eventually develope friendships.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2009