2MONTH OLD

MY SON IS 2 MONTHS OLD AND HE SLEEPS IN A CRIB. THE CRIB IS LOCATED IN OUR ROOM. I HAVE MY 2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER SLEEPING IN THE NEXT ROOM. IM PLANNING FOR THEM TO SHARE THAT ROOM. WHEN IS A GOOD TIME FOR HIM TO SHARE THE ROOM WITH HIS SISTER?

hmomr

Asked by hmomr at 8:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I kept my babies in our room in a separate crib until they were about 11 months old or so. Then they moved into their own room....but they have never shared a room b/c I was afraid of one waking up the other.....but whenever you are ready for him to move out...I think it would be fine for him to go in with her.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think once he is sleeping regularly through the night so he doesn't wake his sister, although if you are in no hurry then whenever it is convenient for the whole family.
    Anonymous

• Another thing to think about is how the 2 year old behaves around the 2 month old. I have friends who had their children in the same room and they were about the same age as yours. The 2 year old climbed into the babies crib and tried to climb out with him and dropped him on the floor, causing extremely bad bruising to the head. Just something to consider, and I'm not trying to scare you. They just never thought of that happening.

I agree, wait until your baby is sleeping through the night at least!
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 8:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2009