new friends- that are crazy

I started hangin out with a girl from around my town and then she brought her friend over to meet me. Now her friend has been hangin out with me lately. Which is ok by me because I have no friends around here. But I only started hangin around her bc she was my friends bestfriend I figured I should be nice.
Well now they were fightin about being friends with me and picked a fight with eachother about something big, which ended their friendship...So now my 1st friend is all about makin me feel weird about still hangin out with the other girl and the other is talking crap on my 1st friend..
Makes no sense I know but how in the world do I solve this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• What you say when one of them talks about the other one to you is "I ain't got a dog in that fight!" Shake your head hold up your hands. They should figure out that it isn't about you.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• well, I'd just tell them both "we're adults, not in elementary school, I can be friends with who ever I want whether you like it or not."
    Anonymous

• Tell them to grow up. You can hang out with whomever you choose to. If they have a problem with it then it is exactly that, THEIR problem.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I agree, tell them to grow up. Whatever happened between them should not affect your relationship with either one.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 8:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You don't need to solve it and you can't. Do not say anything about one to the other and ask them to keep their differences to themselves. You will not be drawn into the middle of it and you will be safe if they decide to get back together as friends. If you prefer to end one relationship or the other, now is the time to do it. Just explain you want to end the friendship with all the conflict. Keep your opinions about them to yourself though.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• sounds horrible, if either or get to bad mouthing the other in your presence just tell them that doesn't make you feel comfortable and needs to stop. I mean in this case you just have to be honest.

I agree with the others we're all adults so things like that shouldn't really be happening there's no reason all three of you shouldn't be civil to each other around each other or when speaking or hearing about the other it makes life much more easier.

Who needs the extra headaches ?
    HazyPerception

Answer by HazyPerception at 9:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• This has nothing to do with you, it has to do with their immaturities. I would tell them, when they bring up the other friend, hey leave me out of it, I'm an adult and I can do whatever I want and be friends with whomever I want. If they have a problem, tell them they need to work it out on their own. They got into a fight and ended their friendship because you became friends with the other girl. It was all out of jealousy. How childish!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009